for Milton Planning Board
My name is Meredith Hall and I am running for the Town of Milton planning board. I have lived in Milton for 27 years and along with my husband David, have raised our three children, Kendall, Parker and Lizzy. Having served on a variety of boards in Milton, I believe I would bring a unique perspective and understanding to planning for Milton and it would be my goal to maintain the character of Milton while improving the quality of life for everyone.
Thank you for your support! -Meredith
Vision, Issues, & Values
I am excited to be running for a seat on the Milton Planning Board and it would be an honor to have your vote. With thoughtful, yet welcoming concepts, Milton can continue to be an exemplar of town planning. Milton needs to address total needs as it increases its population and opportunities. Infrastructure, fire and police support (including equipment) and schools are just a few of the areas that need to be considered with a growing population.
Having served on a variety of boards in Milton, I believe I would bring a unique perspective and understanding to planning for Milton. In adhering to Milton’s Master Plan, I would seek opportunities for historic preservation, preservation of open space and high-quality, affordable housing.
It is my goal to maintain the character of Milton while improving the quality of life for everyone. I see the passing of the Community Preservation Act as a great opportunity to fund our most essential projects.
- Offer a multi-faceted approach to planning which strategically creates collaboration between transportation, education and affordable housing needs.
- Provide affordable housing opportunities through thoughtful development and provide an alternative to 40B development through active management and implementation of Milton’s Housing Production Plan in a process to minimize the impact of new development and prevent potential ramifications of negative zoning changes.
- Implement Design Guidelines for all new development in local business districts and high impact locations.
- Support local businesses by working with Milton’s Chamber of Commerce to continually enhance the quality of our local business districts and services provided.
- Improve aesthetics of highly visible gateway entrances to Milton.
- Utilize Milton’s Master Plan as a guideline for Smart Growth and development while maintaining the historic village character of Milton.
- Achieve long-needed projects in areas of historic preservation, preservation of passive and recreational open space, and create Milton’s own plan for where we would like to see high- quality affordable housing.
Includes Serving as:
- A current member and previous Chair of the Milton Historic Commission
- A current member and past President of Milton Garden Club
- A Village School Board member and Chair
- A Glover School PTO and Cultural Arts Committee member
- A member of Milton Public School’s MPACE Committee
- Cunningham Park Foundation Board
- Original member of the CPA Study Committee representing historic preservation
- Historic New England Outreach Committee and Town Meeting Member, Precinct 3
Additionally, I began working in real estate 30 years ago and currently work as an active real estate agent in the Milton Coldwell Banker office, identifying supply/demand and future trends in Milton.
Ready to Support Meredith?
I’m ready to jump in and help preserve, protect and plan for Milton’s future, but I can’t do it alone. Ready to help support my campaign for Milton Planning Board? Donate below.
To send your contribution via check
Make checks out to: Committee to Elect Meredith Hall
Mail checks to: 41 Russell Street Milton, MA. 02186
News & Updates – Issues facing the Milton Planning Board
A Thank You Message from Meredith Hall
Thank You for Your Support I am so grateful to the citizens of the town for giving me the opportunity to serve on the Planning Board. We are a special town from East Milton to Milton Hill, from Columbine Cliffs to Indian Cliffs, from Hemenway Woods to Scotts Woods,...
Fire Station Building Public Forum
Fire Station Building Public Forum - March 11, 7:00 pm The Select Board will host members of the Fire Station Building Committee and public for a virtual community forum on a proposed fire station at 432 Adams Street, Thursday, March 11 at 7 PM. Please submit...
Understanding 40B projects
Above image: The Holden McGinley House, one of the historic homes that may be affected by upcoming 40B projects. It is my mission to work toward the Preservation of Historic Homes and gardens like this one, while seeking alternatives to high impact development that...
Thank you for your interest in helping the Meredith4Milton campaign. Please enter your information below and we campaign will reach out to you shortly.